This 4-day course is designed to provide technical professionals with the skills needed to administer IBM MQ queue managers on distributed platforms such as Windows 2008 Server and Linux.
In this course, you learn how to install, customize, operate, administer, and monitor IBM MQ on distributed platforms. The course covers topics such as configuration, day-to-day administration, problem recovery, and managing security and performance.
In addition to the instructor-led lectures, you participate in hands-on lab exercises that are designed to reinforce lecture content. The lab exercises use IBM MQ V8.0, giving you practical experience with tasks such as handling queue recovery, implementing security, and problem determination
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Plan the implementation of IBM MQ
- Install IBM MQ
- Perform basic customization and administration tasks
Enable a queue manager to exchange messages with another queue manager
- Use a trigger message and a trigger monitor to start an application to process messages
- Implement basic queue manager restart and recoveryprocedures
- Identify the cause of a problem
- Plan for and implement basic IBM MQ security features
- Use accounting and statistics messages to monitor the activities in an IBM MQ system
- Use IBM MQ sample programs to test queue manager, queue, channel, and client configuration