In this course, you learn about the main features of the Decision Server Insights component of IBM Operational Decision Manager Advanced V8.8.
Decision Server Insights enables real-time, in-memory, rule-based, event-driven, and analytical decision making. You experience how to use analytics, time-based reasoning, and location-based reasoning to build a real-world solution that detects and responds to business situations. You also learn the key capabilities of the multi-agent architecture of Decision Server Insights by developing several agents that are bound to a single entity for different purposes.
This course focuses on solution development, deployment, testing, and administration. You learn how to implement the business logic that detects business situations and uses situational context to decide and take the next best action.
The course begins with an overview of the programming model for Decision Server Insights and the architecture for the Decision Server Insights runtime environment. You learn how to design a Decision Server Insights solution, model the business entities and events that you care about, and implement the business logic. You work with a realistic test client to test the behavior of your implementation after deployment.
The course also covers administration topics, including installation, configuration of the Decision Server Insights reference topology, solution deployment in a grid environment, and grid Administration.
This course is designed for developers.
Before taking this course, you should have:
- Experience with the Java programming language and object-oriented concepts
- Basic knowledge of Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Basic knowledge of the WebSphere Application Server Liberty profile
- Familiarity with the Representational State Transfer (REST) architectural style
- Familiarity with WebSphere eXtreme Scale
Vortrag, Praktikum am System, Übungsanteil ca. 45%
Hinweis zum Kurs
Kurssprache ist deutsch. Die original IBM Lehrgangsunterlage und die Übungsumgebung ist in Englisch
- Course introduction
- Introducing IBM Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Getting started with Decision Server Insights
- Designing Decision Server Insights solutions
- Exercise: Creating a solution in Insight Designer
- Creating the business model
- Exercise: Defining the business model
- Authoring the business logic
- Exercise: Creating a rule agent
- Exercise: Writing and testing rules
- Working with aggregates
- Exercise: Using global aggregates in rules
- Exercise: Using event aggregates in rules
- Exercise: Using time-based and location-based reasoning in rules
- Exercise: Testing for the absence of events
- Testing solutions
- Exercise: Testing solutions
- Exercise: Using the Map Viewer
- Modeling and defining connectivity
- Exercise: Defining connectivity
- Integrating Decision Server Insights
- Configuring Insight Server
- Exercise: Installing Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Configuring Decision Server Insights
- Managing deployment
- Exercise: Deploying solutions
- Administering Decision Server Insights
- Exercise: Administering Decision Server Insights
- Course summary